Saturday, January 12, 2008

Easy Homestyle Chicken Salad

1 can Swanson's white chicken
Pam spray
poultry seasoning
salt
pepper

Drain chicken and spread on foil sprayed with Pam. Sprinkle with poultry seasoning, salt and pepper and stir together.
Bake or broil until lightly browned and still moist, NOT crunchy.

celery
sweet yellow onions
light mayo
light sour cream

While chicken is cooking, dice up some celery and sweet yellow onions (as much as you like). I usually use about 1/2 cup of each, give or take. It is whatever you like.
To this I add 1 tablespoon light mayo and 1 teaspoon light sour cream. Sometimes I add more of these but I always use more light mayo than sour cream.

Stir everything together when the chicken is done (even if it is still hot) and enjoy! If you need to add a little more salt and pepper you can but it probably doesn't need it. It is such a simple recipe but is really good. By re-cooking the chicken with seasonings it gives it a truly homemade flavor. I can eat this with just sweet grape tomatoes and be satisfied but sometimes I have a have a few snack crackers with it.

No comments: